Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sulfates Suck

I usually have at least 3 sets of shampoo/conditioner in my shower, and rarely use the same one day to day. My current fave comes from Ken Pavés, Jessica Simpson's man-bitch slash hairstylist.

:: Ken Pavés Flawless No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo ::

I use this with the Pavés Undamaged Goods Deep Conditioning Repair Cream. They work well together. The shampoo can feel a bit drying when you rinse, but once you put the conditioner in and rinse it, your hair feels healthy and soft without feely greasy. It's really hard to find sulfate-free shampoos in a drugstore, so I love that this is out there at such a great price.

Good things:
No harsh detergents (sulfates) to strip your hair = less lather but also less damage to your hair.
Keeps buildup and oil away.
Very high-end ingredients.
Drugstore price. (I found it at my local Weis for 75% off. I bought 6 bottles.)

Bad things:
A little hard to find.
I'm not a big fan of the scent.
I'm not a big fan of supporting any friend of Jessica Simpson's, but I'm making a rare exception here.

No comments: