Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Giada's Nails

So my friend and I were watching the Food Network the other night and TOTALLY ORGASMING over Giada DeLaurentis' nails. She always has on a sheer, simple pink color that looks polished, refined, and sexy. We agreed that we wished we knew what polish she uses so we could get our hands on it.

I was eating lunch the next day and still thinking about Giada so I Googled "Giada DeLaurentis' Nail Polish" and imaginemysurprise that other women were curious too. I found a blog somewhere that a woman was at a book signing and asked Giada what polish she uses. She said she uses OPI Bubble Bath because it holds well for her when washing dishes/cooking/etc.

OMFG I totally HAVE and LOVE OPI Bubble Bath. It's such a classic color and I'm so psyched that Giada and I have one thing in common besides our amazing breasts.

:: OPI Bubble Bath Nail Laquer ::

Good things:
  1. The sheer pink color is that perfect shade for YNBB (Your Nails But Better). It's creamy/milky enough to look sophisticated but not so milky that you look washed out.
  2. One coat gives a subtle, clean sheen. Two coats is perfect for tailored, more opaque nails.
  3. OPI brand polishes are notably fabulous.
  4. Hello, Giada wears it. Enough said.

Bad things:
  1. Probably a poor choice if you skin is darker than fair or medium. There are slightly darker colors in the OPI line that may work better.
  2. Tends to pool in the cuticles a bit if you're not careful to apply thin coats. I thinned mine out with a few drops of remover.

6 comments:

micala said...

I am totally and completely getting this. You are fabulous.

Anisa said...

i have been searching for 30 minutes to try and find giada's nail polish color. thank you SO much!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I had been wondering about this for MONTHS and finally decided to google it myself and found your page! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness thank you!
I have always drooled over her nails.

Anonymous said...

thank you soooo much! everytime I catch Gaidia on tv I think about what that nail color is and then forget about looking it up. Can't wait to buy it and try it out!

Annette said...

Wow. I watch Giada almost every day and I've ALWAYS wondered how her nails can look so nice, so "polished", yet, "unpolished". I'm not a "high maintenance" person, but do like to look good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was curious about this.