Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Skin Effects Enzyme Scrub

I recently had my first spa experience on a weekend shopping trip with girlfriends. It seemed well worth the money at the time and I loved getting my "personal prescription facial," but I couldn't help feeling guilty afterward that I'd spent so much money with no *real* lasting effects.

The one product the Aesthetician used that gave me amazing results was a high-end, European brand exfoliant that uses fruit enzymes. I was tempted to buy it at the spa, but when I saw the price tag I gulped and put it back.

At home, I was determined to research and find a drugstore product with similar ingredients and effects. This scrub is almost identical to the expensive scrub used on me at the spa. I've been using it for 2 months with great results. It's a gentle scrub (I have extremely sensitive skin) and you can really feel it working if you leave it on for a few minutes. It leaves my face bright and glowing, with no redness. It has reached holy grail status.

Oh, and the best part: only $6.99. The Skin Effects brand is available only at CVS.

3 comments:

SailorAshley said...

I know you usually stick to drugstore items but gurrrrl, you need to try this blush. http://shop.meetmark.com/shop/product.asp?pf_id=31442&from=search&find_spec=blush&camp=200803&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1
My mom got it for me for Xmas just on a whim. I usually stay away from cream/gel blushes because I end up looking like Bozo (I have ultra pale skin, it doesn't take much), but this stuff goes on extreamly sheer, it's A+. Also, I just ordered some face stuff from Paula's Choice, yayyy.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could recommend a shampoo for me? My hair is oily at the scalp and dry at the ends. When I use a sulfate-free shampoo it leaves build-up on my scalp, and when I use a clarifying shampoo it splits my ends. I prefer to buy my shampoo at a drugstore because I am poor (which doesn't help things). So can you recommend a shampoo that doesn't leave build-up but also doesn't strip? Thank you so much!

cmykdorothy said...

Anonymous, I would try Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner. Also, condition just the ends if you aren't already doing that, or try using conditioner before shampoo and see if that helps.