Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In Which a Shampoo Makes Me Weak in the Knees

For months I have seriously cut back on my shampoo addiction. With the economy being in the tank, I am saving more, giving more to charity, and trying not to be such a consumer. But I am weak. I have moments where I just cannot resist temptation. My first mistake was even walking down the shampoo aisle at CVS. The bold colors of this line jumped out at me. I flipped open the lid and took a sniff and it seriously took me a few minutes to regain my composure. It smells THAT. GOOD. It had me at hello, but the scent is just the tip of the iceberg with these little gems.

:: Vitamin Shampoo and Conditioner ::

Good things:
  1. First and foremost: Sulfate-free and Paraben-free. This is important to me, as I'm trying to eliminate the use of sulfates.
  2. THE FREAKING SMELL. Choices like blueberry avocado, acai berry guava, and my choice: blackberry pomegranate. And the scent DOES linger throughout the day.
  3. Unlike some other natural shampoo lines, it doesn't dry your hair out at all.
  4. The real sell on this line is the use of superfruits. Not sure that does lickity split for your hair, but it can't hurt.

Bad things:
  1. You can't eat it.
  2. Sometimes the bottle makes it a little hard to squeeze out the product, but sometimes you have to work for the good things.

If you're in the mood to treat yourself to something yummy and nourishing, I would indulge in a set from this line. I don't think you'll be sorry.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Sulfate- and paraben-free? Really?

May just have to check these out.

Thanks!

SailorAshley said...

THANK YOU SO SO SOOO MUCH FOR TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT DERMAREST!

And by the world I mean, me.

It is the best thing to ever happen to my face. I can't believe I wasted so much money and effort on Paula Begoun's shitty products.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooo glad you are back! You have been sorely missed!