Monday, August 30, 2010

Love: Do Fun Stuff, a charity kids album (for parents)

If you've been following my blog, you've heard me mention one of my favorite blogs here in the past: Pacing the Panic Room. I've been a fan of Ryan's for a while now. He gets it. His writing is very open and raw and honest and I so dig that.

So Ryan has put together a charity kids album (that is pretty damn rockin' for parents, too) that will help benefit a cause close to his heart.

The jist of the story (excerpted from shelookslikeamom): 
Meet Ryan. He has a lovely wife, Cole, their new daughter, Tessa, and Cole's son, LB (The Littlest Buddy). While Cole was pregnant with Tessa, she and Ryan discovered that LB had a chromosomal disorder called Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS). Very little is known about this condition (there isn't even a Wikipedia page for it!), and not much research has been done either. Ryan stepped up to the plate and petitioned artists and musicians to create a kids' album with music that is enjoyable for parents, as well, and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to SMS research. The album is called "Do Fun Stuff," and it will be released on iTunes today. 
I don't have kids, but I love this album. And I love what it represents: ordinary people doing extraordinary things by rallying together to take on something bigger than themselves.

Check it out, buy it if you can, and know that 100% of the proceeds from this album go toward funding graduate research on SMS.

1 comment:

The Panic Room said...

I am so happy you dusted off the blog for this :) Thank you so much. We all have our fingers crossed this will catch fire today and people will fall in love with the music.