Monday, November 27, 2006

Brush-Brush Here, Brush-Brush There

I recently got hooked on a great brush that I never thought I'd need: the foundation brush. I've used fingers and sponges to apply foundation in the past, both with good results, but nothing beats using a foundation brush to apply your foundation cleanly and strategically.

Good things:
Apply foundation and blend exactly where you want it, not all over.
Small enough to use under the eyes and on blemishes to use foundation like a concealer.
Uses less product because it doesn't absorb like sponges or fingers do. (I usually just use whatever is in the cap.)
Sanitary, if you wash your brushes frequently.
Gives you the polished, smooth look (like you had your makeup done professionally).

Bad things:
Can be a bit small for large areas like the cheeks.
Washing the brush every day can be a nuisance.

I really love the Sonia Kashuk makeup brushes available at Target. I use the Foundation Brush with Cover Girl's Clean Makeup (Fragranace Free) and the Powder Brush with my pressed powder for a natural look.

No comments: