Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dyeing Hair

I've colored my hair countless times, with countless hair colors, and my holy grail at-home kit is the Garnier Nutrisse line. Nothing comes close to it.

:: Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color ::

Good things:
Colors are wonderful: they look natural but also vibrant
Gives subtle tones throughout, not flat color.
Hair stays healthy: soft, shiny, silky.
I love the grape seed/avocado oil packet.
The conditioner that comes with it is fantastic.
I'm not the only one who loves this, people rave about this product all over beauty forums.

Bad things:
I've never used this hair color and been unhappy. That being said, all hair color damages your hair in some way, and all hair color fades, which is why I usually stick to something close to my natural shade.

Tips:
Do not choose your color by looking at the lady on the front of the box. She is an illusion. Use the photos on the side that show results for different hair colors to predict the results.
Have someone else apply it if you can. The application will be more even.
Rinse for longer than you think you should. Rinse, and rinse some more.
Your hair will be a little darker than expected the first few days. This is normal.
Continue to use a good conditioner daily. Your hair will be more dry than usual.

No comments: