Thursday, March 22, 2007

Easy Breezy

I had a coupon for the new Venus Breeze razor, but was hesitant to try it out. When I saw it on sale, I figured it was worth the plunge.

:: Gilette Venus Breeze 2 in 1 Razor Plus Shave Gel Bars ::

Good things:
  1. The best part of this razor is that you don't have to use shaving cream with the razor, you just zip it over your legs after wetting it. The Shick Intuition razor was sort of the same idea, but I always found the bar around the razor to go down quickly and the razor itself would cut the shit out of my legs. Good concept, poor design. But I've always loved the triple blade action of the Mach 3 and Venus razors, so the fact that they're combining two great ideas is good news for us.
  2. It really does glide over the leg and leave it semi-moisturized (not that you could skip lotion, mind you). It also bends so well that I didn't get any nicks or cuts. Yay.

Bad things:
  1. This is really best for lazy days or travelling. It doesn't give you the close shave of a traditional razor and good cream/lotion, but you can be damn sure I'll be using this and buying refill packs.
  2. A little on the expensive side, but worth every penny if it makes the heady task of shaving easier. God I hate shaving.

No comments: