Friday, December 15, 2006

Witchy Woman

A lot of people use toner on their skin. It's not a necessary step, but I think it is leaves us all with that ultra-clean feeling. There are SO MANY toners out there that are actually bad for your skin. Please don't ever use a toner with alcohol in it. It's way too drying to put on your face.

Here's my favorite...witch hazel. I like all of the Thayer's varieties.

:: Thayer's Alcohol Free Witch Hazel ::

Good things:
Cleans your face and leaves it feeling refreshed.
Not harsh at all...this will not strip your face.
Lightly moisturizing (not like you applied moisturizer, but like your face is naturally moist.)
The scent is light and nice. (I use the rose one in the winter, and the peach one in the summer when my skin is less dry.)
Great for sensitive skin and acne prone skin.
With daily use, it may leave your skin more even and brighter.

Bad things:
The cost seems a bit much, but considering the volume of the package, it's very economical in the long run.
Hard to find...I get mine at the local Granary natural food store.

No comments: